Reading is one of my “life basics” patterns that if I stop, I spiral downward. But I’m not completely certain why. I’ve never asked myself! Here are some answers I’m coming up with right now:
- Because my Dad (a career Army officer) said that they say if you read 15 minutes a day, no matter what it is, you’ll likely make General
- My family has like 10 bookshelves and we didn’t have a TV growing up
- Relationship building with amazing characters… right there, in a book.
- Experiencing experiences that I haven’t had. Books open up the part of the brain that extrapolates and imagines, kind of like a real experience. Mucho wisdom, lesso cost.
Some good reads lately:
- Turn the ship around
- History of Pyrates by Defoe
- On the shortness of life: life is long if you know how to use it, by Seneca
- The surrender experiment